Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Three Cancelled Marathons in a Row

I have entered three marathons and all three have been cancellled due to rain/wind.
-Glenbrook Marathon Dec 2011 postponed then cancelled.
-Bogong to Hotham Jan 2012 cancelled at the 35km mark of 64km
-Six Foot Track March 2012 cancelled due to flooding on the Cox's.
So now I am entered in the Canberra Marathon on April 15th. Fourth time lucky?
Still the bonus is that I have never had such a good preparation. I have made the Sunday long run every weekend since November.
I have only just entered Canberra as I wasn't sure about my form but after running 2.05.58 at SMC 30k on Sunday I decided I was in OK shape. No DOMS and just a bit of fatigue. Finished like I could have run another 12 km if I had to. (But I should pretend that it didn't hurt every step but then it always does.)
I regret not blogging my runs over the last few months as I have been on some great ones. The highlights being an evening run up Mt Kembla, along the escarpment and back down Mt Keira. And a couple of great runs on the six foot track especially running up the switchback road from the river crossing back to the megalong road. A much more interesting route than the track.
Best of all no injuries except very sore achilles. They require a lot of warming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment