Sunday, April 13, 2014

And thats where it ended ... until now - Boston 1 week to go.

Unknown to me the injury on January 5th was not a normal niggle and would derail all my plans. I couldn't run in the Bogong to Hotham. I could still walk so that's what I did. Ed and I hiked from Bogong to Langfords Gap and saw the leaders come past down the hill to Big River. They were impressive.

After some unsuccessful physio I saw Dr Grace Bryant and had an MRI. The result was torn meniscus. Bummer. But she prescribed an NSAID called Meloxibel which was immediately beneficial (Voltaren had done nothing). Slowly over the next two months I was able to start running. I plodded the Equaliser with Stefica, I ran Six Foot Track in 5.12 (which included a lot of walking), and Striders 10k last week at Lane Cove in my slowest time ever of 40.40.

A big dose of the flu four weeks ago didn't help but I am now feeling some form coming back just in time for Boston. I won't have a fast run, but I am grateful just to be able to make the distance after the misery of being unable to run for two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment