Sunday, October 23, 2016

Maroubra Fun Run 23/10/2016

Jogged over for the start at 9.30 and met Neil on the way.

A very friendly crowd of locals with the usual stirring pipe band. Elke, Lily, RIki were there to run for their school.

Just missed a big pile up at the start. Settled down to approx 4 minute pace. Feeling very sluggish. Still stuffed from Monica's roast lamb the night before.

There was a fresh southerly blowing which made the run up Malabar road difficult. I found I was gradually overtaking but not being overtaken.

The second run up Malabar road was a big struggle but I was still overtaking people.

On the last run down Broome St to the finish two younger guys went past down the steep hill but I was happy to let them go and save my knees.

Came in at 33.40 and quite happy with that. First in age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment