Sunday, January 18, 2009

Narrabeen 32k and Clovelly Star 30k

I recovered from the flu suddenly and went to the Six Foot track training group 32k run across Narrabeen plateau. I thought the pace might be slower which would suit my flu recovery, and also I really wanted to see this area. It was a very pleasant morning, overcast and cool. About 30 runners. The organisers were just that, super organised with water drops everywhere. Due to the nature of the trails and the many turnoffs, it was a slow pace as we kept regrouping and going single file through the bush. I had quite a few good conversations along the way. The last seven k's or so we were able to sprint out along the excellent track around Narrabeen lake. I felt good and really enjoyed it.
Clovelly Star - Hmmm, should I do another thirty k on Sunday? Well I felt OK and it was local, so I joined the 6.20 group and off we went. I was tired but I didn't have any trouble keeping up along the hilly course along the coast to Malabar. After the hills the pace quickened (or I slowed) and the group started to break up. I stayed in contact until Kensington and the front four slowly pulled away. I came in about 500m behind, and felt pretty good. Tired but no injuries.

Then went off the Mike and Stefs' for the Warriewood swim. I missed that but had a great day and spent a couple of hours in the small surf with the kids. A great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment