Tuesday, August 21, 2018

City2surf 2018

I travelled in with Dave B and Greg L to Bondi then train to the start. We arrive in plenty of time. Dave and I lined up about half an hour before the start about 20 rows back from the line.
Cool weather with a westerly wind and just a sprinkle of rain. Good conditions. My sore hamstring was hurting at the pelvis but I decided to chance it. I passed 5 k in exactly 20 mins feeling quite comfortable but I could feel the hamstring.
I didn't have a lot of extra energy going up Heartbreak so I backed off a little to get to the top in 32.08. I was overtaken a lot up the hill.
Across the rolling hills of Dover Heights I started overtaking and feeling good. From 11k i picked up the pace as we came down hill. I felt the pinch on Campbell Parade and crossed the line in 58.10. The right hip was pretty sore but no harm done. 
I went for a great dip at North Bondi. All alone in the chilly water in my undies.
A southerly came through just as I got out so I huddled behind a catering tent to change.
Met up with Dave 65.30 and Greg 72.19 and we walked up to Bondi Junction and went to a fantastic Greek cafe for coffee and strudel. Very Enjoyable

No comments:

Post a Comment