Friday, April 27, 2007

The End

Its now close to the end of the biggest break from work I have ever had (4 weeks) and the Boston experience is now behind me. Like all significant events its sad when it passes and becomes just a memory, rapidly fading and replaced by the urgent demands of every day life.

So this will be my last blog in "Boston or Bust". I may start a new blog to keep track of my daily ups and downs. Stay tuned I will put a note here.

Since the marathon Michele, Honor, Serena and I visited New York for three days, and saw all the sights including the corny ones like the "Seinfeld" diner and Times square and the moving ones like Ground Zero and the Fire stations with memorials to the lost fire fighters.

We then flew to San Fransisco where we stayed with Dianne and her children (thanks so much) and travelled down the incredible coast road between Monterey and Santa Barbara. We also visited the extraordinary Hearst Castle (is it good, is it bad, or maybe just mad?).

We drove through Beverly Hills and saw where the movie stars live, (they can have it) and have spent three very pleasant days in San Diego visiting Adrienne and Amit (the Newly weds) and Cynthia and Fred. Fred took the girls for a sunset flight in a Cessna all around San Diego and when they landed they were beside themselves with excitement. Thanks Fred and Cindy.

So tomorrow is Disneyland (I am not looking forward to it), then we leave for home on Saturday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment