Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chocolate Gelato Fix

Wow almost a month has gone past since my last post. The good thing is I have been running well, injury free and motivated. Still super busy at work but not quite as bad as in May and June.

This month I ran in the Sutherland to Surf which was 11 k in 44 mins exactly, then in the Striders Lane Cove 10k - 39 50s and finally in the Sity to Surf 14k last weekend 57 56s. So my goal of holding 4min k's is going ok.

Coming up I plan to run the Bankstown half this weekend, Mt Wilson to Bilpin 35k the following, and the Strider 10k at Homebush and possibly the Sydney Marathon on Sep 23 depending on how I am feeling.

On every run I have done lately I have had more energy as the event goes on and ended up negatively splitting. One training tip that seems to be working, is to eat very little on the day before an event, and then during the evening before, eat a litre of Low fat chocolate Gelato. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment