Sunday, August 26, 2007

Willy to Billy

Another hectic week at work so I was pleased to escape the city for a weekend in the Blue Mountains with the family. The excuse was to run in the Mt Wilson to Bilpin race. 35km. Nice cool day with no wind. Course ran over a mixture of gravel, bitumen and bush track some of which was steep, and other parts level, and other bits were a muddy bog. This course had everything, including some spectacular scenery.
I was feeling pretty good till 5k when I developed a bad stitch. It came and went, but on the long downhill to the river it was stabbing me like a knife and slowed me down. From the river to the finish it is six kilometres up a constant grade and one kilometre down to the finish. Fortunately the stitch didn't hurt as badly going uphill and I seemed to get a power surge overtaking six people on the way to the summit. Eventually finished in 2h 50m which I was happy with.
Enjoyed running with a few guys I hadn't met before on the track. Having someone running with you definitley keeps the pace up.

No comments:

Post a Comment