Sunday, August 19, 2007

Run Work Run

Another hectic and stressful week at work fortunately fitted in some quality runs to keep me sane.

Week finished with Bankstown Half Marathon this morning. I did this event three years ago in a time of 1.39.01 in preparation for my first marathon. Today I did it in 1.27.55 which was pleasing. Best of all I felt full of energy afterwards. Last time I remember I was wasted.
It was cold and rainy but conditions were quite good for running. I had a fellow on my shoulder the whole way. With a kilometre to go he overtook me and put on a spurt and got 30 metres in front. Good for you I thought.

As we came up to the finishing shute he was directed off to do a third lap by a mistaken official. I called out to the officials but he ended up making his way to the finish several minutes later. Fortunately after talking to the officials he was recorded as finishing 10 seconds in front of me which he deserved.

This was a fun event organised but the super friendly Western District Joggers who saved us at the miracle at Allum Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment