Monday, September 17, 2007

Royal National Park Run

Worked night shift and day shift this week! So only got two runs in on Monday and Tuesday. Diving is very tiring at the best of times without throwing in night shift. So on Saturday I spent a lot of time sleeping. I did a gentle one hour interval class with the kids, Serena (10), Kate(9) and Geoffrey(6).

On Sunday I took advantage of a spare seat in Neil's dive boat to get a lift to Bundeena. It was a glorious, cool sunny day so I thought I would have an easy run down to Marley Beach and back. It was too nice though and I couldn't stop. Picture postcard views, I ran onto some deserted trails and was surrounded by fields of wildflowers, scrub and solitude. Ended up going almost to Garie Beach then cutting back up to the main road and Wises Track to Audley, then up to Sutherland. Neil was going to pick me up at Audley but we got our wires crossed and missed each other. So much for twin ESP. Ended up running about 35k!


Later in the day the inside of both knees were very sore. Treated them with ice and Voltaren. Hope they get better for the marathon on Sunday.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Lovely place, see more great views of the Royal National Park

    ReplyDelete