Monday, February 23, 2009

The Equaliser 22/2/09

First time at this course, heavy rain meant the creeks were in flood , but it stopped in time for the event. The rain also washed away most of the flour markers. Its a long downhill first and I certainly felt stiff to the creek. But on the uphill I felt I was going pretty well.
Along the bitumen I lost sight of the leaders and could not see the turn off. So I slowed down and checked with the runner behind me called Nick. After a short delay, we found the turn off, and headed back into the bush. After another 2k we came to the "Pump house" turnoff, and could not see any arrows. Nick thought we should go straight up the hill, so up we went. After a k or so I noticed that there were no other footprints...mmmm....wrong way!
We turned around, and after a 4 or 5min delay we were back at the pump house. It turned out that after the event, we weren't alone. A lot of others got lost. the remainder of the run was quite pleasant. I was psyching myself up for the hill but in fact the crest came much faster than I expected. All up time 71mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment