Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Then work got in the way...

After the three really positive 30k days, I was sidelined by work and couldn't get out for another run till Sat morning. I ran the reverse Clovelly Canter again with Ken W and his girlfriend Milly. They are training for the full iron man at Port Macquarie.
Milly is an impressive woman, her schedule is crazy but organised. I asked her my usual small talk question "what would you like on your tombstone?" and she gave the best answer I have ever heard , she said "Kick it to me!"
The run was at a slow pace to the half way mark at Malabar when I suddenly felt ill had to make an urgent visit to the bushes!!! I got going again, and caught them at Maroubra.
Ken and I then picked up the pace and ran at 4.2k/min to Bronte where Ken turned off, and I continued on up the Tamarama steps. Half way up I felt giddy and exhausted and just had to sit down. I was done. Made it back to the car at a slow jog, all up 30.7k in 2h 50min.
No runs till Tuesday morning when I had my first run with Heidi for the year. We ran 10 rolling intervals of Laperouse loop. Very humid and tiring but both of us seemed strong. See how we go at Striders Lane Cove on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment