Sunday, July 01, 2012

Welcome back now die! 1/7/12

Thats how I felt after running the North Head Star this morning. Its scary how quickly you lose the edge. I was running these easily before Canberra. Now after two months of low activity it was a big struggle. The 6.20 group moved a long at a quick pace,and I kept up without trouble till the end of Manly Beach when I started feeling the strain, then I felt the wheels really come off above the Spit Bridge. My ankle had become sore and I was dead on my feet as Georgie and Sean skipped away down the hill.
On Saturday I ran the Parkrun 5k in 19.20.
Well hopefully the only way is up!
Mike and I have agreed to run the M7 relay together. He thinks he can do a 97 so if I do and 83 we might keep it under 3 hours.  Well at least it gives us a target to train for.

No comments:

Post a Comment