Monday, August 25, 2008

Mt Wilson to Bilpin August 24th 2008

Stayed in Blackheath with Mike and Stef, Michele and Serena. Very cold in the morning with a heavy frost but by start time of 10am it was cold but perfect for running, with clear skies and low wind.
I decided to hold back this year and was pleased to let people overtake me early on. I tried to hold 4.2m/k until the bridge. After the 5k drink break I pretty well ran by myself the whole way. Coming onto the bitumen I came upon a group of three and slowly I came up on them and went past. Then a short way down towards the river I picked up another. I had a very enjoyable run to the river, I could see an NRG runner in the distance on the long straights. He stopped at the drinks station and I continued up the hill. The hill! Boy it goes on forever, well 7k I think. The runner who stopped powered up and soon overtook me. I plodded up, and up, and up. Finally got the the Bells line road and had 1.5k to run. But I was pretty buggered. Got home in 2.49.40 which is a minute faster than last year.
Mike had a great run coming in at 3.12 which was much better than he expected.
In the afternoon Neil/Kath/Kate/Geoff /Drew and the Castros came up to Blackheath. On Sunday we all watched the Olympic Marathon and went on a bushwalk through Centennial Glen. The kids practised abseiling by the creek.
I also got in 5k of slow recovery run with Kath on Sunday morning and another 5k in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment