Friday, November 17, 2006

Gale of a Time

I ran somewhere on Wednesday but don't remember where. On Thursday evening I ran back down to the Cathedral and along the woodchip track to Lapa into the teeth of the freezing southerly gale. I was definitely the only person out there, no one else would be this stupid. But it was bracing and I definitely confirmed that I was still alive. I ran well stopping only at the Cathedral for a few minutes to take in the gale, the stars and the big city. Then ran strongly via Lapa back home followed by 100 situps. Invigorating. Round trip took 1 hour.

Today Friday 17/11 the weather was much more mild and after 100 situps I ran down to the NSW Golf clubhouse taking a new route via the new dam. I reached the clubhouse just on twilight and felt dog tired, so I walked. A very pleasant walk with light winds and the heavy scent of flowers in the still air. Walked all the way home. You got to smell the roses sometimes I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment