Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pleasant Weekend

Saturday morning 18th November, met up at Monica's place to run then ride at 5.30am. I had left my bike at the office so I went to get it and met the ladies when the had completed their run. We then rode down to Lapa and returned via Matraville. I then ran laps of Howe and Napier streets until Monica returned home. Afterwards completed 100 situps.
Sunday 19th. Had best of intentions of riding to Centennial Park and running and riding. That went south when I discovered a flat rear tyre. So I went to Mass with the family and saw Kate receive her first communion certificate. That was very nice and so was the morning tea afterwards. There is nothing like those home cooked cakes, I over indulged. Then I went to Maroubra cycles and got a new rear tyre and tube. But it was very difficult to fit. Finally about 2pm I set off for Centennial Park through heavy traffic. Did 4 circuits of the Park as fast as I could and then rode home via Maroubra and Broome St. Didn't run because my legs felt dead afterwards.
Monday 20th - Got up at 5am and went to Port Kembla for work. Got home about 5pm and lay on the couch. Very tired. That bike riding takes it out of you.