Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Running with the Bogeyman

Tuesday 14th
After the bike ride I was quite tired and had a busy week at work. I went out for several runs but nothing too dramatic. Today I woke up late and after busy day at work came home dog tired. I put on the jogging gear and after a lot of procrastination I headed out at 8pm just as the sun had set.
For some reason I started to feel good as soon as I started. So I headed along the coast to Little Bay, then up to the coast graveyard. By now it was total darkness, but I kept going guided by the glow of the sand and my local knowledge. It was foolish running over the rough ground in the dark but I felt so good,

Soon I was on top of the Cathedral hill and spent about two minutes taking in the view. Then I ran down to Henry head, and along the woodchip track to Lapa. Along the track it was pitch black, and I could only detect the path by feel. It was spooky. The was no sounds except my breathing and footsteps. Despite running hard over rough ground in the dark I didn't stumble once. At Lapa I came out on to the road and turned for home. I felt good. From Anzac Parade I started sprinting and ran hard right up to the door. I got in at 9.15pm

Conclusion, running in the dark by youself is dumb but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment