Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Too tired to run

After running strongly the previous week I had nothing left this week after work. Finally on Saturday I went down to Centennial Park on the Bike. After several laps I changed to my running shoes and did one lap only. I joined in with a running group for about half a lap but that was enough. My legs were dead. Rode home avoiding Broome St.
Sunday 26-11 Ran down to Cape Banks and up to the Cathedral slowly. Then down the Congwong Bay and to Lapa. Very tired. But after walking around the Lapa loop I felt better and ran home strongly.

When I got to the bushland past Henry Head I saw some dreadlocked student types walking through the bush off the track. Were they lost? I saw them again at Lapa when they staggered up the stairs. Two of the young men were covered in blood on their feet and shins. They said they had fallen down a cliff and onto broken glass. They seemed to have followed me along the hardest path back to Lapa. If they had stayed where I saw them the were only 20m from a sealed road. They were still smiling though, it must have been quite a party.

Monday 27-11
Did nothing. At work at 5.30am. Too tired after work.

Tuesday 28/11
Ran down to Cathedral and Lapa via Congwong. Stopped only a few minutes at the Cathedral to take in the view and then ran solidly down to Congwong, around Lapa and back home.