Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Question Answered


Tueday 24/10/06
I dragged myself out of bed at 5.30am and started walking down the Tullymorgan road (See Picture). I was a bit hung over from the alcohol and the emotional drain of the funeral so I had to force myself to run for about six or seven k’s, stopping often to take in the magnificent country side, and to listen to myself answering the question from yesterday.
The answer to what I want to achieve is simple. To give my kids (including any nieces nephews, and friends) what I had, a loving Dad who sets a good example. It is a simple sounding wish but not easy to achieve.
At the family get-togethers yesterday I was surrounded by family extending over four generations. One thing was clear, the example from the parents, uncle and aunts and adult friends is the key element that makes children happy, secure and confident to live their lives. The example they learn will guide them whatever the future holds.

So what has this got to do with jogging, two things
1) Jogging is a form of meditation that gives me the solitude to understand my thoughts and feelings
2) Running marathons is one way I set an example to my children. An example to live a physically active life, enjoying what nature and family have to offer.

Wednesday 25/10/06
Back in Malabar, I joined the group at 5.15am to run from Malabar Beach to Lurline Bay. Felt fine all the way especially going up Broome St. No knee pain. Looking forward now to increasing training intensity slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment