Thursday, January 18, 2007

SWEAT Training Group

After being recommended by "Blue Dog" and his friends, I came down to the SWEAT training group at Centennial Park at 6.15 this morning. I didn't know what to expect. As it turned out it was very positive experience.
It is run by Sean Williams (ie. Sean Williams Endurance and Training SWEAT) who seems to be very friendly and well organised. There were about 30 runners of all different fitness levels. One thing they had in common was that they were friendly, and clearly enjoyed coming.
After 10 minutes of warming up Sean divided us into three groups, based on ability. I was in the middle group and we ran three 1.6km circuits with a three minute jog in between. I then did a 1km circuit.
It was a good way to start the day and good to run with others who pushed me a bit. I plan to go to the SWEAT groups as often as I can.
The morning group runs every Tue/Thu at 6.15 finishes at 7.15. Cost is $10 per casual visit or $50 per month so its good value. There is a website with more info here http://www.sweatsydney.com.au/