Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Still Plodding Strong

Tue 20th Feb
Serena woke me at 6am with "Dad get up!". "Bugger" I thought, 15 mins to get to SWEAT. Staggered out and had to wait a few minutes for my eyes to open before starting the car. Made it to SWEAT at 6.25 just in time to make the warm up sprints. Then it was 3 by 2km sprints with 4 min breaks. Ran them in 7.22, 7.21, and 7.51. The last lap was hard as I bludged a little but Wayne started breathing down my neck and I just had to keep going. Just held him out.
After work went to the gym for half hour spin class and then 100 situps.

Mon 19th feb
Another busy day at work with an OHS audit. Did not get out to run until 8pm. Went for a run down to Lapa and back. Very tired at first but loosened up and ran strongly on the return leg.

Sun 18th Feb
Ran the Sydney Marathon Clinic 25km run at Wetherill Park. They are a very friendly club but the course is a bit bleak, being run through the local Industrial Estate. The course undulating and follows both well sealed roads roads and some rough footpaths. I overtook three people and two ladies overtook me and came in about 12th out of sixty or so. Most of the time I was all alone. There were only two distance signs that I saw so it was a little hard to judge my pace. It was a grind and I came home in 107 mins which is right on 3hr marathon pace. Felt fine afterwards especially after the Scientology massage that was offered afterwards.

Later went to the Catholic service for Pere Receveur at Laperouse which was a contrast.

Sat 17th Feb
Had to be at work very early so couldn't run. Then went straight to Mum's to help put up a shade cloth and eat a very yummy dinner. I had second helpings of baked peaches and ice cream. Yum. Ended up no exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment