Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Still Improving

Sunday 2-2-07
Everyone at home has had a touch of the flu recently but I have managed to avoid it. On Saturday afternoon though I my left ankle started to hurt like I had strained a muscle. Hmmm, I didn't remember straining it. So I put it on ice and slept with an ice pack on it. The next day it was a little sore so I decided not to go to the Striders 30km Star run but just do a bike class and situps. Spent 45mins on the bike follwoed by 200 situps. in two 100 rep bursts.

Monday 2-2-07
I couldn't run Monday morning because of work and later in the day I noticed that the pain in my ankle had gone. I went to a another killer bike session and then 200 more situps. Combine this with a day of racing around and diving and I was pretty stuffed. Went to bed at 10.30.

Tuesday 27-2-07
SWEAT session was two laps of the lake followed by a 5 minute recovery and then 2 more laps. Ran better than I had before. I completed each 2 laps in 10.51 and 10.52 to give per k rate of 3.62 mins/km. I had a bit left and felt I can still improve. I had benefited from the two days of none running. Best of all no more ankle pain at all. Did 200 situps also.

No comments:

Post a Comment