Sunday, March 04, 2007

Dead Legs

Sunday 4th March
Slept a good part of Saturday so felt a bit better today. Ran with Kath and Monica to Cape Banks, Left them near NSW Golf links and then ran round Lapa and up to Maroubra circuit. Stopped several times for a chat with people I met, all up took three hours. How far I don't know, just pleased I had the energy to go that long.

Met a nice bloke near St Michaels called Alan Harris. He is a former marathoner who had to retire in 1984 when he ruptured a vertebrae mid marathon and was taken off in the "meat wagon". He had some good advice on running. He runs at an easy pace now and has run this area for thirty years but this is the first time our paths have crossed.

Saturday 3rd March
Considered not going to 10k Striders run at Homebush as still felt very tired. But it was on the programme so off I went. Met Stef and Mike there who looked fresh. As soon as the gun went I felt my legs, "Dead legs" There was nothing. Got to the 5km in 19 mins with a constant stream of people overtaking me. Hung on for 40.02, a disappointing time but the best I could manage. Rate this as my worst run ever. Take comfort from fact that I at least made it in 40 minutes. Mike had a good run in 44mins and Stef in 48.

Friday 2 March
Got out at 6am for an easy run but within 100m I had cramped up in my groin! That's odd. Also legs like blocks of concrete. Shuffled round for 7km. Then went to work and had busy day running around. Very tired.

Thursday 1 March
No SWEAT today because I am still in Newcastle. Spent another day testing the outfall. An easier day today finished at 13.00 and back in Sydney at 16.00. Very tired. Stayed at office till 7pm fixing up loose ends. Felt unusually tired.




Wednesday 28th Feb
4am start at work so no morning run. Spent the day at sea dye testing the Burwood Beach Ocean Outfall. Lots of diving, rock'n'rollin so at the end of the day collapsed into the Motel room. Would have run later but torrential thunderstorms and lightning stopped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment