Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Thu 8th and Fri 9th March
Hectic days at work meant I didn't get out to run and missed SWEAT.

Sat 10th March
Had intended to go the watch Six Foot Track event but as I didn't get home from work till 9pm and had to go back in afternoon I couldn't.
So I had a 3 hour sympathy run. I started at Six foot track time of 8am (putting myself in the elite first wave!) and ran every hill I could find. First ran down to Cape Banks, then Henry Head, Browns Rock, Congwong Beach, Lapa then up Anzac to Maroubra Beach, Up Torrington, to Coogee, Clovelly, through Waverly cemetery to Charing Cross, then back to Coogee, down Torrington, up Broome St and home. As I ran along i imagined where on the six foot track I would be. Knowing that I would only be on top of the Pluvi at 3 hours made me kind of glad that I wasn't running it.

Sun 11th March
Busy day, starting with taking Serena to compete in the Weetbix Tryathalon at Homebush. It was well organised and the kids got a real kick out of it. Well done Serena for having a go, she swam, ran and rode her bike beautifully. She made me very proud. In the afternoon went to a very pleasant reef planning meeting. When I got home I stagggered out for two 5.3k laps of Malabar circuit. The first one was torture in 28mins and the second I had warmed up a bit and ran it in 24mins (4.5min/k)

Mon 12th March
Out of town at work and despite best of intentions did not run as I was swamped with work even in my motel room. Have not done any situps for a few day because I have worn the skin off my coccyx.

Tue 13th March.
Early to work again and very tired when I got home I ran one quick circuit of Malabar with Honor pacing me at 15km/hr on her bike

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you this morning Al !

    Best of luck at Boston next month. Looking forward to the report when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete