Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Finally back into It

Last week was always going to be bad for running as I was racing the clock to get work things ready for me to go.

I knuckled down and had to miss running on Wednesday and Thursday. Made it out on Friday evening for a good 10k, and also Saturday morning for a moderate 14k. On Sunday I had the best of intentions of running the SMC 30k event but as the seas were calm, I spent the day at sea filming the Desalination site. Forunately we got some good footage in the can and that's a big milestone.

I think Diving and running are mutually exclusive, as the one exhausts you for the other. Particularly diving with all its associated dehydration, hypothermia, lifting and rocking around in the boat is exhausting, and your legs have nothing when trying to run afterwards.

On Monday afternoon I ran 5k to the Gym and had a stiff spin class for 45mins and then ran 5k home, making sure I put in some effort.

On Tuesday morning I was at work at 5.30am and met Dave to swap cars. Made it to SWEAT at 6.20 in time for last warm ups and then did three laps of Lake in 16.07 then a single lap at 5.10. Thats a speed of 3.69min/k which I ran comfortably.

Spoke to Katie at SWEAT about running the time of 5hr 15min in the Six Foot Track. That was a remarkable performance which inspired me after talking to her.

Staying out of town tonight, and just have to make sure I get time for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment